Tuesday 12 November 2013

Top 6 autumn lip colours

From left to right - Mac 'Hug me', Revlon lip butter 'Pink truffle', Maybelline Baby lips 'Cherry me', Boots NO 17  lip stain, Revlon lip butter 'Candy apple' and Boots NO 17 'Toffee waffle'



1) Mac in the shade 'Hug me' is a lustre finish so I found this very moisturizing and smooth for a lipstick. It is a dark pinky brown colour which I found quite nice as it makes a nice slightly darker nude lip for fall if you don't want to dive straight in with your dark purples and reds colours. This lipstick has the traditional Mac vanilla scent which blew me off my feet - it really gets me in the autumnal mood, (and is great if you want your lips to smell nice).

2) Revlon lip butter in the shade 'Pink truffle' is very similar to Mac's hug me but it is more on the pinky side with slight berry undertones whilst the Mac is more of a nude lip. I like this one because of the berry undertones and the sheer but highly pigmented finish it gives my lips. 

3) Baby lips in 'Cherry me' this is my favorite edition to the baby lips family, the swatches above show it as a very light dreamy pink but when on the lips it is a actually a darker red/pink colour. I think this because it has quite a sheer finish so your lip colour and the color of your skin does change the overall colour. But I really do love this because it gives you a nice gentle wash off autumn without much effort at all.

4)NO 17 lipstain this is a felt tip like applicator but the thing I like most about this is the colour; it is a classic berry colour, which is just autumn in  nutshell. But the con about this is that it's quite drying, I always take the time to make sure my lips are fully moisturized before applying. And I do tend to find this gathers on your lip after a couple of hours which is a shame.

5) Revlon lip butter in 'Candy apple' is, for me, the perfect classic red color. It has a lovely sheer finish but not so sheer that the pigmentation isn't as good as a full on lip stick. The color is very vibrant and makes a fantastic statement lip color.

6) Boots NO 7 in 'Toffee waffle' is another red colour but similar to Revlons candy apple, but this one is more of a brick red and I think this is such a lovely colour for autumn. Also, it is a matte finish which I prefer in the colder months so this one ticks all boxes in terms of colour. 

Hope this gave you some inspiration 

Zoe x
Instagram - @z0ebean
Tumblr - Sentimental-wink
Polyvore - Sentimental wink
                                                                                       Twitter - @BeencalledZoe

1 comment: